Leslie's Omnibus

Quick Stop

Quote of the Day:

"Sara was, after all, a very nice lady, even though no female I've ever known has wanted to be called either of those things. Particularly in Los Angeles, where there were only two ages of people, young and pretending to be young."*

I'll take "nice" and "lady"... but I'd put myself in a category different than the last of the above two, and that would be "refusing to be old".

There is a difference between pretending to be young and refusing to be old. The former is a state of mind; the latter is when your brain has not yet caught up with the rest of you.
_____

Nose Down, Eyes Up: A Novel" -- Merrill Markoe
Leslie

2 comments:

KeesKennis said...

Your'e only young once, but you can be immature forever

Joanie said...

I don't mind being called a nice lady. That's actually quite a compliment.

Since when isn't that a compliment?

Now "ma'am" on the other hand...LOL. Actually, I don't mind that either.

I know that as long as there are people with manners younger than I am, I will be referred to in such terms and I'm okay with that. Manners go a long way with me.