Leslie's Omnibus

Book Your Ticket


This has seriously been an incredible reading month for me. I can't remember which sidebar ad I tripped over that brought me to The Shadow of the Wind by Carolos Ruiz Zafón, but I'm certainly grateful I did. It’s a quest novel. It’s a coming of age novel. It’s a murder mystery. It’s a thriller. It’s about a love of books. It’s a love story. I had a terrible time putting this one down. It’s so good, in fact, that I just bought the next book in the series:

So that's three adolescent male protagonists to make my list of all-time favorite characters: Piscine Molitor Patel, Fawad and Daniel Sempere, two of which I only met this month. And in my noodling around Amazon.com looking for the Life of Pi link, I found out that Yann Martel has come out with this:

Yay! Looks like June is going to be another great reads month!
Leslie

No comments: