Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Great Reader is still on hiatus, so I'm declaring, "It's Friday! Let's Dance!" This little toe-tapper has been rattling around my brain box from the moment I got up this morning:



Want to join the dance party? Throw up a post at your site and add a link in the comments here.
_____

I think I found a girlfriend for Donald Mills:
grandma: You need to tell that brother of yours to get bigger pants. That boy’s drawers are like a cheap hotel-there’s no ballroom.
Well?
_____

I believe Adam and El Capitan must be meeting out there in dreamland:
"Butt cheeks ahoy! There she blows!"

"You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules."

"We haven't got a plank. Just fucking jump."
Heh.
_____

I guess if you want to be more equal than others, you need to join a union:

Big Labor got some big love from President Obama and congressional Democrats yesterday after they agreed to exempt union workers from the whopping “Cadillac tax” on high-cost health-care plans until 2018.

The sweetheart deal, hammered out behind closed doors, will save union employees at least $60 billion over the years involved, while others won't be as lucky -- they'll have to cough up almost $90 billion.

The 40 percent excise tax on what have come to be called "Cadillac" health-care plans would exempt collective-bargaining contracts covering government employees and other union members until Jan. 1, 2018.

_____

Daily Douche Bags:

Danny Glover is a douche bag. Rush Limbaugh is a cagey douche bag. Anyone who even has to ask the following question is a douche bag:
Perhaps the most important is whether the state should establish specialized nursing home wards or even separate facilities for the most dangerous residents -- those with violent backgrounds who pose a threat to others. Sullivan's group and many advocates say Illinois must stop mixing dangerous and vulnerable residents.

The issue "still perplexes us and is something for which we need additional discussion," Gelder said. "This is one of the central issues in the concerns about keeping people safe,"
Yes, indeedy -- Gelder is a douche bag.
_____

I don't know about you, but I'd rather bake a pie than a cake; thus, I found this tip very interesting:
Freezing your lard and butter ahead of time and using a box grater to shred it into the floured mixing bowl effortlessly ends in the sort of coarse, crumbly, flake-inducing dough that is generally considered the platonic ideal. Just grate, moisten, give a quick stir and a light knead, cover in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
Cool!
_____

My favorite actor, Brian Dennehy, is in town for a run at the Goodman Theatre. Anybody interested in joining me? (It'd be worth it just to see me go all girly over just being in the same room with the fabulous Dennehy. He blows my skirt up. Trust me.)
_____

Add Jimmy Kimmel to the list of people whom I never thought I'd find myself respecting as a result of the Conan/Leno/NBC mess. But I do now.
_____

Happy weekend, all!
Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love Dennehy! Wish I could afford the flight and tics!

Love,
Barrie

Omnibabe said...

Boy, I wish you could, too. We'd have a WONDERFUL time together!