Leslie's Omnibus

Rubber-Necking

Quote of the Day:
Well, I tried Apple's new IPad. It doesn't seem very absorbent, and it makes me walk funny. Thanks a lot Mr. Jobs.
I have no idea who Emily is, but I'll bet she's a lot of fun to hang out with.

Update: Nothing I've seen of the iPad has convinced me to toss my Kindle and get on board the Apple train. After all, my Kindle comes with Whispernet 3G, and you have to pay extra for 3G on the iPad. Plus, the iPad is 24 oz. The Kindle is 10 oz. MUCH easier to hold in one hand for long periods of time -- AND one week battery life with wireless.

Update II: Apparently, I'm not alone in not being convinced to give up my Kindle.

Update III: One more thing -- my Kindle has a built-in keyboard, and it's a separate piece of hardware for the iPad. Yes, it's a TINY keyboard, but it is a built-in keyboard.
_____

Either three out of four Americans are too stupid to know what's good for them, or one out of four Americans realize this guy's a jerk:
Absolutely amazing poll results from CNN today about the $787 stimulus package: nearly three out of four Americans think the money has been wasted. On second thought, they may be right: it's been wasted on them.
You do the math.
_____

Yes, I was at Lloyd's. Yes, I knew that this was the subtext. Yes, I yelled at the television. More than once.

Any more questions?
Leslie

No comments: