Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

You know, I hope Michael Vick does work with the Human Society. There's no one better placed to speak of the evils of dog fighting, and the consequences.

I hope he can rehabilitate his life and his career.

If it works, he'll be one hell of a role model, so I, for one, am going to say a little prayer that it does.

But I'll be keeping the headlights pointed in his direction, just to keep an eye on things.

Update: Meezer Mom Mary (in the comments) has a point:
But I do not want to see him playing football until that happens. it just sends the wrong message. He has to prove that he's sorry - not just sorry he got sent to jail.
I can go along with that.
_____

You know, I really, really wanted Gilles Marini to win the disco ball, but I have to hand it to Shawn Johnson -- she really was the best performer in the finals.

Fine job, little lady.
_____

Get your tickets now -- Kiddieland won't be there after this summer. Another beloved piece of Americana gone right down the crapper because a family can't get along.
_____

I know, I know -- my mood has been in the dumper. Then I read this:
Of the initial staff of six, two had developmental disabilities. Of the current staff of 16, all but the four managers have some type of cognitive impairment. Each employee is paired with a task to suit his or her strengths.
Yep. I just had to smile.
_____

Another thing that makes me smile? The Plumcake:
“Why are you wearing a tiara?”

I stopped and thought for a moment.

“Because I own a tiara.”
I love a woman with a style of her own!
_____

I love it when a lousy pol gift wraps and hand delivers the reason she doesn't deserve your next vote:
Rather than voting to either override or sustain Board President Todd Stroger's veto of a measure that would have repealed the sales tax increase, Collins said she would vote "present" -- the fence-straddling strategy more often employed in the state Legislature, where she once served.

Then Collins added for the benefit of those who might disagree with her non- decision: "You want to vote me out of office? Hooray. I would just love to go home for once in my life and relax."
Earlean Collins. Remember that name. Vote for whoever is running against her.
_____

Seems Martin Luther King, Jr.'s kids are still fighting like cats and dogs about his intellectual property assets, once again stopping production of a movie about his life.

William A. Jacobsen thinks we ought to "nationalize" these rights by some kind of eminent domain-type action.

Personally, I think it would be much more satisfying to line the King children up in a row, knock their heads together, and remind them that their father and mother would be unimpressed with the direction the content of their characters has taken.

Instead of beatifying their father's legacy, they're trampling all over it.
_____
Leslie

1 comment:

The Meezers or Billy said...

I hope that Michael Vick can rehabilitate his character. But I do not want to see him playing football until that happens. it just sends the wrong message. He has to prove that he's sorry - not just sorry he got sent to jail.

well, if I owned a tiara as fabulous as that, I would wear it everywhere.