Leslie's Omnibus

Traveling Companions

See? I told you there are a ton of critters affected in disaster situations. Is your disaster plan in place?
_____

Here's a little update to my Friday adventure:

It took five hours, round trip. I picked up 1 Himalayan and a passle of kittens. The kittens were definitely not Persians... just nice little moggies. (Some of those babies were REALLY babies.) The handoff was really fast -- just the secret handshake, load the car, and off we go. (Just kidding about the secret handshake... kind of.)

I always feel sorry for cats that are unused to traveling by car, so I practically talked myself hoarse trying to soothe them on the trip back to Chicago.

Another really fast handoff, and I headed home.

According to Linda Mercer, CFA's Pure-Bred Rescue Coordinator, "The older kittens are presently in foster and needs treatment for tapeworm and a terrible infestation of fleas." As for the bitty babies, "The ones I had here are also in foster, they are a LONG way from being adoptable yet."

As it turns out, one of my colleagues was out looking for a kitten through the Anti-Cruelty Society just this weekend, and there were no kittens available. I'm putting Suze in touch with the rescue folks. Who knows? This might really have been great karma!

P.S. -- I am never again buying a vehicle without OnStar. Ever. That is all.
_____
Leslie

No comments: