Leslie's Omnibus

Book Your Ticket

No! No! Say it isn't so! For a bibliophile, this is an unspeakable horror.
_____

I'm still in the middle of "The Center Ring," laughing all the way. (I ask you, with a circus named "Florian's Flourishing Florilegium of Wonders," how can you not giggle?) Usually I can blast through a book in a day, but this series is like a fine dinner -- who'd want to rush? I'd rather savor.

Next on the list? "Inside the Kindom: My Life in Saudi Arabia," by Carmen bin Ladin. Every review I've read has said that this gives a great perspective on life in Saudi Arabia... and an intimate view into the bin Ladin family. Can't wait!

Also teed up for the weekend: "A Bloodhound to Die For," by Virginia Lanier. I've read every book in this series, and mostly in hardbound because I'm just to impatient to wait that long. If you've ever wanted to know anything about how these beautiful dogs are trained and the conditions under which they work, these books are invaluable.
_____
Leslie

No comments: