Leslie's Omnibus

Busman's Holiday

Monday was the first day at sea. There's a funny difference (for me, at least), between traveling east and traveling west. I can adjust to almost anything east, but going west takes days to adjust. Yesterday was a very, VERY lazy day. We got up late, ate a small breakfast in the room, shopped, visited the library, ate lunch at the buffet, then Mom was tired, so we went back to the room. I spent the afternoon reading and watching Mom nap. She got up, we got ready for dinner (first big formal), and headed to the restaurant.

Since we're on open dining, we got seated with two other couples (it's really wierd to consider your mom and yourself a "couple"). Anyway, dinner was good, but not great. Service was... *ahem* less than great. Having had outstanding service and food in the past, this is a big disappointment.

Anyway, after dinner, we headed to the theater for the Broadway salute. Unfortunately, the temperature in the theater rivaled a Sub-Zero freezer. Mom knew I had promised the DJ from the night before (Sunday) that I'd do karayoke, so she suggested we stop in the room, regroup, and then she'd join me for karayoke. Little did I know that, once I hit the room, I was done for the night.

After a night of strange dreams involving blogs, blogging, my current cat, cats in new homes, and my ex-husband, I woke with less than normal rest. (It's a good thing that I can't sleep with a keyboard, as I'd more than likely be blogging in my sleep. Scarey, isn't it?)

We ordered breakfast through room service, spent the morning lazing around, did a little shopping, and once again headed for the room. (Is the picture becoming clear here?)

Mom wanted lunch in the main restaurant, so I gave in. Big mistake. If I don't get some real exercise soon, I'm going to look like the Goodyear Blimp. Talked her into two laps around the 15th deck at a speed which, if clocked by a speed gun, would have been a half a gear low of reverse. Had to stop for a refill on fresh fruit at lap 1-1/2. Agh!

Had a spa appointment for a mani/pedi this afternoon. Photos to follow for A-Man. Must say, every man or woman on the planet ought to have their *ahem* in the pedicure chair at some point in their life... ... Anyway, pretty hands, pretty feet, baby-soft forearms and baby-soft calves later, my fingers and toes look lovely. Feel lovely, too, thanks to the lovely Joanne.

Dinner tonight was okay... but not the caliber of food that Mom or I have had on prior cruises. Bummer.

Mom once again went to be early. I went to Crooner's for the Liar's Club. Here's a chance to test your knowledge. I'll give you the word we got, and the 4 clues. Give me your answers, and the closest person wins a T-Shirt from one of my port stops. (And I'm holding back a tie breaker.) NO GOOGLING FIRST!

Clue: POOD

1. Indian pastry stuffed with spiced meat or vegetable.
2. Russian unit of weight.
3. Polish expression of joy.
4. Technica term for sponts on an animal.

Clue: LUCIT

1. To "con".
2. Flavoring for beer.
3. Sap of a beechtree, used as a healing ointment.
4. Fish.

Clue: Janker (pronounced "yanker")

1. German Parliement member.
2. Machine used in beer making.
3. East Indian fertility good.
4. Cheater (U.S. Souther colloquial).

Clue: Flitterbick

1. Small, colorfull bird, similar to a parakeet.
2. Big tips (i.e., large gratuities)
3. Mythical squirrel
4. Pin attaching a trailor to a hitch.

Bed time. See you!

P. S. It FINALLY got warm today. The sun came out. HOOOOOORAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

P.P.S. We are an the absolute correct cruise line for Mom. Can you guess which one?
Leslie

No comments: