Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

I heard a commercial on the radio this morning that had me in peals of side-splitting laughter on my way down Lake Shore Drive. It's an ad for Arlington Racetrack. The premise is that going to the track is more fun than golf. To prove it, they have an announcer doing color commentary on a frustrating round of gold, but in the style of a racetrack announcer.

I spewed coffee all over the dashboard when I heard, "And heeeeeeeeeeeeeere coooooooooooooooomes MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANIAC MAN!"

If you're from the Chicagoland area, be sure to keep an ear peeled for this one. And I sure hope it has a parallel TV commercial. Let me know if you see one!

(I know. This probably loses something in the translation. But it really was too funny not to share. I almost had to pull over, as I was laughing to hard to be driving safely.)
_____
Leslie

No comments: