Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

Do you fly Delta Airlines? If so, you might want to reconsider...

[And a note to those lovely people who claimed to be from Chicago and had the colossal nerve to make a soldier get off of a plane taking her home from Iraq: Chicago does NOT claim YOU, you gigantic asshats!]
_____

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you can't negotiate with vermin. That's what exterminators are for. Seems I'm not alone in feeling that way.
_____

The first sentence in this post is incorrect. It's not the human psyche that's revolted; it's the Western psyche. I finished reading "Inside the Kingdom" this weekend, and it was quite an eye-opener for me. It's a first-hand look at Wahabism, the most extreme form of Islam, from a Westerner's perspective. One of the things that becomes very clear is that women and children (especially girls) are considered chattal, and nothing more, in the Islamic culture. I can't imagine a true Wahabist even batting an eye at the Beslan massacre. And Carmen bin Ladin's observation that most Saudis can't be honest among their own families, let alone with foreigners, is terrifying in terms of whether or not a word coming out of the House of Saud is believable.

Anyway, run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore and get the book. It's a fast... and fascinating... read.
_____

Given the above, this doesn't surprise me at all. This either. I think we all better start educating ourselves better about extremist Islam.
_____
Leslie

No comments: