Leslie's Omnibus

Rubber-Necking

Pammy posted Quizzical Quotes and Quirky Quips - Volume 3. This reminded me of a conversation I had with Buckaroo Bonsai over dinner at Red Lobster last night.

Me: "I wish I could buy these cheese biscuits frozen, so I could take some home."

BB: "We should ask if they do that."

Me: "No. They would advertise if they did that. Everybody loves their cheese biscuits. Anyway, I snagged that Paula Deen recipe for cheese biscuits off the Food Network website earlier today. Maybe I'll try freezing a couple of those when I make them. What's the worst that could happen? Cheese flavored hockey pucks?"

BB: "You know, we still have a tube of biscuits in the fridge that we should use up, first."

Me: "Yeah, I know. But they're not cheese biscuits."

BB: "I know! I'll bet you could take some of that squirt cheese stuff, stick that nozzle up the biscuit, wiggle it around and squirt as much as you want."

I lost complete control. Pinot Grigio straight up the nose. Hysterical laughter. Tears down the face. (I can't help it. I have a sick, sick sense of humor.)

BB: "What did I say?"
_____

Update: Okay. This is just weird karma. Simultaneous biscuit blogging. Who'da thunk it?
_____

Update 2: Ms. Moogie is about to make me look stellar in Buckaroo Bonsai's eyes -- she sent me not one, but two different versions of the Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuit recipe:

Ingredients:

2 C. Bisquick
1/2 C. cold water
3/4 C. grated, sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 C. butter
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together baking mix, cold water, and grated cheese. Cut biscuits with a cutter, and place onto a baking dish. Melt butter and seasonings together. Brush with the butter and spices and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. However, you cannot make the EXACT biscuits, because they have a special butter/garlic sauce that is not available to the general public. See how they are!!

======

Ingredients:

2 C. Bisquick
2/3 C. milk
1/2 C. shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 C. butter or margarine, melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Preparation:

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Mix bisquick, milk and cheese until a soft dough forms. Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cooking sheet. Bake 8- 10 min until golden brown. Mix butter and garlic powder. Brush mixture over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.
_____

Yum!
_____
Leslie

No comments: