Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

You know, this not having a television at the might not be the best idea I've ever had. Why? Well, I miss news like this. Jeeze. That's only about 3 blocks from my house.

I go boasting about the new restaurant down the street, and there goes the neighborhood.
_____

Some people clearly have too much time on their hands. Sheesh. (A tip of the cap to Lair.) The Divine Miss Marilyn says, "A pox on your house."
_____

I fail to understand how some young people can think this is a myth. Teach your children. Teach them now.
_____

"The biggest difference between me and conventional bloggers is that I usually pause between first thought and posting."

In the immortal words of Steve Martin, "Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuse me."

I have news for you, Buster. I play around with my posts in draft form all day. Some times I'll let one sit and marinate in its own juices for a couple of days. I frequently edit and re-edit. Many, many of we "conventional bloggers" write as an exercise in creativity and the discipline of putting meaningful thoughts and words together -- not just to see how many links we can string together, and just how fast we can do it.

Wait a minute! I get it. (Mental headslap here.) Since we're not in the newsroom where you can see us working, we must just be tossing this stuff off thoughtlessly and carelessly. I suggest you think again, Pal. Look at folks such as Bill Whittle, Phillip Carter, Professor Bainbridge, Baldilocks, Michele Catalano, Meryl Yourish, Pejman Yousefzade and more and tell me these folks don't edit, re-edit and polish their work to a high gloss. I'll bet you can't.

That's on the one hand. On the other hand, the beauty of blogs is that they can also be so incredibly nimble. How else could Dan Rather and Mary Mapes been brought down so hard and so fast? The MSM were all sitting on their thumbs waiting for some editor's okay to even look at the story while bloggers were debating, examining, and disproving the story -- in fact, doing the MSM's job for them.

God, I hate self-righteous prigs. Especially ones that are two days late and a dollar short in their reporting.

(A tip of the cap to Jeff Jarvis. Good job, Jeff. Obviously this really got my knickers in a knot.)
_____
Leslie

No comments: