Leslie's Omnibus

The Mom Update

I know, I know -- I haven't done one of these in a while, mostly because Mom has been doing so well.

BUT, we just got news that's more than a little disconcerting. Apparently the tumor (for those who don't know, my mom has stage 3 lung cancer -- and it's inoperable) has almost doubled in size in the last six months (4 mm, up from 2.5 mm). That's the stomach-clenching news.

The good news is that her new oncologist in Florida seems to think that there are a number of options to consider, and she'll be meeting with him next week to discuss them. Mom says he sounded relatively upbeat about this -- in no way was he being the Voice of Doom.

So. I'm reaching back out into the ether and asking you all to fire up the prayer chain again for Mom and my family. We're not panicking here, but prayer has been a powerful source of peace and comfort for us in the past. We'll deal with stuff as we need to... but it sure helps to know we've got family and good friends keeping us in their prayers.

I'll do another update next week, once we know what all the options are. It'll be hard to type with my fingers crossed, but I think I can manage it for a few days.

Thank you.
_____
Leslie

No comments: