Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Great minds think alike. And to prove it, I had almost the identical thought when I heard this on the news this morning.
_____

What was that song the Scarecrow sang in "The Wizard of Oz"? Ah, yes! "If I Only had a Brain"

(A tip of the cap to Wind Rider.)
_____

Here's a fun little meme that's popped up on a couple of blogs today. Here's my list of 10:

1. St. Joseph's aspirin for children
2. Spritz cookies fresh from the oven at Christmas time
3. Love's Baby Soft
4. Watermelon Lip Smacker
5. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn
6. The fresh green scent of my dad's hugs immediately after he'd cut the lawn
7. Chapstick (Daddy never left home without the stuff.)
8. Manure-spreading down at the family farm
9. 4711 (my great grandmother wore it)
10. The almost new-car scent of a brand new pair of Red Ball Jets
_____

This is also going on my Christmas list. Thanks to my wonderful, generous, all-around great guy of a boss, I got to see this concert at the United Center. Simon & Garfunkel and the Everly Brothers. Hot damn!
_____

Professor Bainbridge takes out the cluebat gives the Nanny State a sharp rap upside the head. I wonder what he'd make of this?
_____
Leslie

No comments: