Leslie's Omnibus

Blessings from the Omnibus Driver

MEL'S THANKSGIVING PRAYER

I am thankful for so much...

For the mornings rich with promise and the nights of quiet solitude,

For hugs, laughter, and confidences exchanged,

For memories of those I've known and the anticipation of those I've not yet met,

For the grand design of life, which I'm unable to understand; the disappointment it sometimes brings... and the hope the human spirit will never allow to be extinguished.

I am thankful for the understanding that yesterday cannot be undone; tomorrow is still unborn.

What holds infinite importance is the present; Today, this moment, and the wonders, wisdom, friendships, and experiences waiting for me to behold.

But most of all, I am thankful for friends, family and bonds that withstand all of life's challenges; giving me the confidence to welcome rain, knowing it's followed by sun, for taking comfort in dark because I know there will be light and for enduring the moments of cold because those I love bring me warmth.

Mel Miles
1943 - 2000
_____

Warm and wonderful Thanksgiving greetings to you and your loved ones. I'm thankful for many things this year -- one of which is having you as a reader. Yes -- each and every one of you.
Leslie

No comments: