Leslie's Omnibus

The Trouble With Leslie...

The Plain, Unvarnished Truth!

On this, the 6th anniversary of Leslie's Omnibus, I'm going to take this opportunity to tell all of you just what really irks me about Leslie.

Here it comes...

She lives in Chicago.

Yeah, you heard me right. She's a resident of Daleyville, the City of Big Shoulders, the land of the sublime (the Chicago hot dog & deep dish pizza) and the profane (the aforementioned Daley regime & most of the South Side).

Why is this such a problem? Mostly 'cause it's 1000 miles away!

If Leslie lived down here in Texas, we'd get to hang out a lot more, and Leslie's real high on my list of People Who Are Perfectly Hangoutable!

I mean, what's not to like? She's got a wicked sense of humor, military-grade snark that gets unleashed on occasion, and she adds a much needed dose of grace & class to blogmeets which might otherwise devolve into a Lost Weekend of booze, bombast & endless dick & fart jokes.

Leslie's a hell of a writer, and she likes cats, wine, books, and now that she bought a pair of cowboy boots, she can go boot-scootin' at any honkytonk! She has also resided in the People's Republic of Illinois for years without turning into a blue-state zombie! ("Taaaaxes!! TAAAAXXXEEESSSS!!!")

Yeah, life would be much nicer if she lived in the next zip code, or at least the next area code. As it is, I get to see her all too infrequently.

And that, fellow blogsters, is what irks me about Leslie!

Happy Blogiversary, my friend! May you have many, many more!

El Capitan of Baboon Pirates
Leslie

3 comments:

Omnibabe said...

You do know that I've kind of set my sights on Hill Country for retirement, don't you?

Thanks a million for all the lovely sentiments. Making friends with folks like you are what has been the highlight of my life in blogging!

Walrilla said...

I agree 120% with what Cap'n says!

Hell, don't wait for retirement! C'mon down now!

Nancy said...

It would be great to have you within the borders of our state.. I'd FIND reasons to go driving your way.