Leslie's Omnibus

Moving Pictures

Transformers fan? If so, here's news you can use received from my office building's management:
Transformers 3 will film several scenes on Saturday, July 10th from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. involving stuntmen skydiving from helicopters and deploying parachutes at a low altitude while being filmed from a second helicopter with a camera.

To facilitate filming, intermittent traffic control (ITC) of both vehicles and pedestrians underneath the path of the skydivers will be enforced by CPD. The ITC will be temporary and last less than 15 minutes, but will take place several times throughout the day as they film multiple jumps. It is likely that if you are in the “lock-up” perimeter just before a jump you will be asked to wait outside of the skydivers path or inside a building that offers protection.

THE FOLLOWING STREETS WILL BE SUBJECT TO TEMPORARY CLOSURE FOR ALL PEDESTRIANS AND VEHICLES:

WILLIS (SEARS) TOWER AREA – JULY 10 OR JULY 11 (7AM – 8PM)

• Wacker Dr. from Monroe St. to Van Buren St.

• Franklin St. from Monroe St. to Van Buren St.

• Monroe St from Wacker to Wells St.

• Adams St. from Wacker Dr. to Wells St.

• Jackson Blvd. from Wacker Dr. to Wells St.

• Van Buren St. from Wacker Dr. to Wells St.

AN ADDITIONAL FULL CLOSURE OF LASALLE STREET BETWEEN JACKSON AND LAKE WILL BE IN EFFECT DURING THIS WEEKEND.
_____

If you want a peek at some of the props for these scenes, stop by the northwest corner of Washington & Franklin. Lots of big hunks of "concrete," etc. This site is frequently used for cast trailers and prop storage for movies in and around the Loop.
_____

Here's more info on other dates and locations for filming.
_____



Act Naturally -- Buck Owens

They're gonna put me in the movies
They're gonna make a big star out of me
We'll make a film about a man that's sad and lonely
And all I have to do is act naturally

[CHORUS]
Well, I bet you I'm gonna be a big star
Might win an Oscar you can never tell
The movie's gonna make me a big star,
'Cause I can play the part so well

Well, I hope you come and see me in the movie
Then I'll know that you will plainly see
The biggest fool that ever hit the big time
And all I have to do is act naturally

We'll make a film about a man that's sad and lonely
Begging down upon his bended knee
I'll play the part but I won't need rehearsing
All I have to do is act naturally

[CHORUS]
Leslie

2 comments:

JihadGene said...

I love that Bakersfield sound of the late great Buck Owens!

Anonymous said...

... congrats on 6 years, ma'am...... and hey, Buck Owens was the man back in the day!.... loved that tune!...

Eric