Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Seeing as I'm just coming off four days in bed with a lousy cold, I'm going to kick off a little Sick of Being Sick Meme of my own.

The rules?

1. No tagging allowed. You only play if you choose to play.
2. You plunk in a link back to me so I see where it lands.
3. You plunk in a link back to whomever you swiped this from because you're such a nice person.
4. You take your vitamins and drink lots of fluids.

Tell seven strange/true things about yourself/your behavior when you're not feeling well.

1. I am a lousy patient. I get grumpy and mildly impatient within 24 hours. Snarky and edgy within 48 hours. Caustic and perpetually irritated after 72 hours. You don't even want to ask after that.

2. I miss my mom when I'm sick. A lot.

3. Over-the-counter cold remedies don't work for me.

4. Hot toddies or blackberry brandy and hot tea do.

5. I managed to simultaneously sneeze, cough, belch and poot yesterday. With my eyes open. It was awesome.

6. I go back to work as soon as humanly possible because I can't stand my own company after a while.

7. I crave weird foods when I've got a cold or the flu -- spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese, but no pasta; red beans and rice; tangy cole slaw (the kind with just mayo, wine vinegar, celery salt, lemon pepper and some celery seed -- NO SUGAR); cornichons (the more sour, the better); chili with melted cheddar cheese and gobs of sour cream. Good stuff like that. In fact, yesterday I was craving the slaw and had everything but the cabbage. What do you think I did? (You're darned tootin', I did.)

Now... how about you?
_____

Giggle of the Day (for my Northwoods pal):

funny-dog-pictures-with-captions-riding-the-train
see more puppies
_____

Quote of the Day:
Service..customer service in general is the wave of the future. The way this economy is shaping up, you bet your sweet ass, if I go into a store to spend my hard earned money, there better damn well be someone up my ass kissing it. My time is precious, too, and I want some damn service. I want to know that my money is going towards a worthwhile product, and ya know what else I want...I want someone to stand there and make me feel better when I have that panic attack for big items. You better be able to answer any technical questions I have and you better be able to load it up in my vehicle for me, and yes, I'll tip.
Yes, indeedy, Kelly rocks.
_____

A couple of Blogthings:

Blame the first one on Jay:




You Should Juggle



You've got the talent to go far in life, but you don't really like to take risks.

You rather practice your well honed skills than put your life in danger.



You are agile and coordinated. You can work magic with your hands.

You truly mesmerize people. You don't have to resort to cheap tricks and gimmicks.


_____




You Are Black Tea



You have a bold personality. You're not afraid of simply being yourself.

You have the courage to speak the truth. You are fearless in your actions.



You come off as a bit intimidating and unapproachable. Only confident people are attracted to you.

You don't try to scare off anyone. You're just an intense person!


_____




Your Dominant Thinking Style: Visioning



You are very insightful and tend to make decisions based on your insights.

You focus on how things should be - even if you haven't worked out the details.



An idealist, thinking of the future helps you guide your path.

You tend to give others long-term direction and momentum.


_____

And,




Your Sensuality Score is: 85%



You taste, smell, feel, see, and hear more strongly than most people.

Even the smallest sensual act can be quite divine for you.



You are a hedonist. You like to experience it all... whether it's food, art, music, or sex.

If you're not careful, you're apt to overindulge or get addicted to a certain pleasure.


_____

Ear Worm of the Day:


_____

Words to be wary of:
"I have a permit."
Sheesh.
_____
Leslie

No comments: