Leslie's Omnibus

Road Conditions


Just got back from traffic court where the idiot cab driver that hit me insisted on pleading not guilty and forcing a trial.

He said:

-- There were no pedestrians anywhere near the intersection when he made his left-hand turn.

-- He never saw me.

-- "Something" hit the side of his cab, which was why he pulled over.

-- I asked him to call the police, and he did.

-- He did not have a cell phone. (See point immediately above.)

-- He offered his assistance before the police arrived.

His attorney intimated that:

-- I deliberately walked into the side of his client's taxi; or,

-- I drunkenly stumbled into the side of client's taxi;

-- Whichever of the above is "true," his client is the true victim;

-- I am a mercenary bitch out to take his client for everything he's worth, and take the taxi company along with him.

Fortunately, the judge found me to be a very credible witness and found the sonuvabitch guilty.

Good.

Now I need a good lawyer, because the cabbie and his attorney have pissed me off royally.

Excuse me while my head explodes...
Leslie

No comments: