Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

When I was growing up and attending this small church in the burbs, one of our member families had an older daughter who was legally blind and profoundly mentally retarded. Diana loved church, and was delightfully outgoing.

The thing she loved the best about church services was the music, and she'd shriek her delight and sing along, far, far out of tune, at the top of her lungs. When a hymn or choral piece was over, she'd clap her hands in glee.

Was she a disturbance? Yep. Did a single one of us care? Nope... because when Diana was noisy in church, it was a JOYFUL noise. When Diana was happy to see you (and she always was), it always involved rushing up for a hearty hug and sloppy kiss.

I have wonderful memories of this sweet and special lady.

That's why I find this article so disturbing.

Boy, oh, boy, can I see both sides of that argument, but this never should have ended up court.

I invite your opinions in the comments.
_____

I'm assembling my gift list for Blogtoberfest. (We are having one, right???)

So far, I'm thinking V-Man could probably use this for his menagerie. (A tip of the cap to my Biker Blog Son for the product promo.)

Knowing how much Shovel Boy loves him some zombies, this might just have to come along for the ride.

Now, who else am I leaving out???
_____




You Are a Salty Person



When it comes to snacks, you're more likely to grab a bag of chips over a bag of cookies.

There's a good chance you're male (men prefer salty snacks)... [Nope]

Or at least, you feel very comfortable in male dominated environments. [Yes, indeedy.]

Your taste tends to be complex, sophisticated, and adult.

You tend to crave your favorite restaurant meal... or mom's cooking.



(Via Sourpuss, who's also Salty.)
_____

I tripped over I Has A Hotdog today, and couldn't stop giggling over this:

breed

Reminds me of someone I know. I don't know why.

(Never let it be said I'm not equal opportunity when it comes to cats and dogs!)
_____
Leslie

2 comments:

Maeve said...

I got "disturbing" for you. Go check out the link I have at my place.
Chickie sent it to me today and we are both madder than hell.
(Please excuse my foul language if you read it. I was really, really pissed when I wrote it).

Anonymous said...

..... hell yes, we're still having Helen this year!..... but no one seems to have picked a date yet.....

Eric