Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

What an amazingly unnecessary act of violence.  Why would anyone beat a quadriplegic to death?  Would that this guy: a) be rendered a quadriplegic himself; and, b) receive the same treatment as his victim.  THAT would be justice.
_____
 
Is there anything in the world that WON'T make you sick?  Sometimes I think we'd all be better off if we stayed in bed with the covers over our heads, and never eating or drinking anything, either.
_____
 
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who sees things this way.   An appeal is no guarantee that she'll prevail in a second trial.  In fact, she could get a tougher sentence than in the first trial.  She could also lose on appeal.  What's she's doing and saying will do nothing but piss of the courts.  Not to mention the public.  A touch of humility might be a good thing, but I just don't think Martha gets the message.
_____
 
Read Michelle Malkin first. Does President Arroyo realize that she has, in effect, led the Phillipine people into the position of being obliged to kiss the a@@ of any thug anywhere holding a Fillipino hostage?  And then pay (and dearly) for the privilege?
_____
 
I appreciate a good fume when I read it.  Whatever happened to academic honesty, anyway?  I can't imagine looking myself in the mirror if I did something like this.  Of course, doing something like that is not something I could ever see myself doing.  Just what are we teaching our children these days?  (A tip of the cap to Jay Solo.)
_____

One more thing.  I was asked for my driver's license for identification this weekend.  (Now, keep in mind I just renewed the darned thing in February.)  The cashier looked at the license, looked at me, looked at the license, looked at me and said, "This is YOU?"  Does that mean I need an appointment with Miss Clairoll, or does that mean my new haircut looks fabulous?  I haven't got a clue. 


Leslie

No comments: