Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Customer Clusterf*ck:

I don't know what the folks at GoDaddy are thinking these days, but they've lost Joanie as a new customer through sheer ineptitude, and, if my own freaky experience with them in the past couple of days is any indication, there's no way I'd ever become a customer, either.

Here's the deal -- if you have a screen name of "POTATOB75" and are GoDaddy Customer No. 64814403, you should drop me an email (omnibus dot driver at gmail dot com). I have your login name, your receipt number and know exactly how much you spent for your site because the good folks at GoDaddy texted it to my cell phone -- twice.

I tried calling GoDaddy and explaining to them that they needed to update their records and notify the correct account holder.

GoDaddy's customer service rep ever so helpfully informed me that I would have to contact the account holder, as they had no way of even opening the account information without the verification number given at the time of sale.

[Bangs head repeatedly against monitor!!!]

I dutifully called the two different numbers GoDaddy appeared to be texting (a different one in each text message), only to find that neither puzzled woman had any idea of what I was talking about, and had no business with GoDaddy.

[Bang, bang, BANG!!!]

I emailed all of this to GoDaddy's customer service folks, got a computer-generated response saying I'd hear back from them within 24 hours. NOT.

Seriously, if you're doing business with this company, WHAT are you thinking?
_____

Oooooooooooo! Pretty!
_____

Giggle of the Day... for my friend in the Cheese Aisle:

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
_____

Quote of the Day:
Dunning and Kruger argued in their paper, “When people are incompetent in the strategies they adopt to achieve success and satisfaction, they suffer a dual burden: Not only do they reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the ability to realize it. Instead, like Mr. Wheeler, they are left with the erroneous impression they are doing just fine.”

It became known as the Dunning-Kruger Effect — our incompetence masks our ability to recognize our incompetence.
And, no -- they're not talking about Obama and his band of merry morons. Then again, maybe they are. Think I'm kidding?
And now, there's the Kyl controversy. On June 18, Kyl told a town meeting in North Phoenix that Obama personally told him the administration will not secure the U.S.-Mexico border because doing so would make it politically difficult to pass comprehensive immigration reform. "I met with the president in the Oval Office, just the two of us," Kyl said. "Here's what the president said. The problem is, he said, if we secure the border, then you all won't have any reason to support comprehensive immigration reform."

"In other words," Kyl continued, "they're holding it hostage. They don't want to secure the border unless and until it is combined with comprehensive immigration reform."

_____


This shouldn't have made me giggle... but it did.
_____

Thinking about buying an ebook reader? The prices are going down!

(Short of the phone call telling me my daughter was trying to find me, my Kindle is the best Christmas gift I've ever gotten.)
_____

Ear Worm of the Day:

Leslie

No comments: