Leslie's Omnibus

Chartered Excursion - Siesta Key

My camera and I found cool beauty...

... on a gray day.

Yes, they live that close to the ocean.





Lots of signs, for zero traffic.




Mmmmmmmm mangoes!



There you go!
_____

If you're ever down Siesta Key way, stop by the SKOB on a Wednesday night, order up a big plate of oysters on the half shell, and give a listen to Kettle of Fish:



The guys were great, but I was irked because they played their hearts out and the cheapskate patrons in the place were only throwing a buck or two here and there into their tip jar. Thus, I bought a round of drinks for the band and tossed a twenty into the jar. (That's how we roll in the Windy City.)

As a thank-you, their electronic guitar/vocals guy gave me his new CD. Sweet! Check out Thornson Moore's Open Art Surgery. "This Old Man" is my particular fave.

Anyhow, if you ever get to see any of these guys, throw a ten or a twenty in their tip jar, will ya? They earn every penny of it.
Leslie

2 comments:

KeesKennis said...

Did you see the new Gucci bag and hat?
http://keeskennis.blogspot.com/2009/04/results-are-in.html

vasipeno
AKA as Kees

Anonymous said...

Glad that you enjoyed your trip!

I don't miss FL though! That's the only good thing about my parents dying - is that we don't have to go there anymore.

Barrie