Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Ear Worm of the Day:



Boy, I haven't thought about that one in years, but today's weather churned this one up from the bottom of the ol' memory bank.
_____

Speaking of the ol' memory bank, these reminded me of my '80s big shoulder pads days... BUT... don't those particular ones look like something you'd stick in your bra and not on your shoulders? By golly, all the darned things lack is nipples.
_____

For those of you who appreciate fine wine, beer and spirits, I present The Boozehound. Don't say I never did anything for you -- especially those of you in Chicago.
_____

Giggle of the Day (and must be from someone who loves me!):

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more puppies
_____

It's freaking COLD outside, and getting colder by the minute. It's headed for 30 degrees below with the wind chill tonight. Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'd forgotten about this photo, but that's probably going to be me for the next week or so. (And boy, oh, boy do I miss her still.)
_____

I believe in angels, you know.

I met one this morning -- a lovely young lady named Roxie who saw me trudging through the snow and offered me a ride up the street to the train station. Roxie, wherever you are, there's a special place in heaven for folks like you.

I also almost saw one created today, and not in a good way. My train came within about six inches of ending the life of an INCREDIBLY STUPID woman who just HAD to cross the tracks in the face of an oncoming EXPRESS train. (Yes, I am shouting, thank you very much.)

Do the rest of the word a favor and QUIT BEING A SELF-ABSORBED IDIOT!!! There's always another train. Unless you believe in reincarnation, there's not always another life.
Leslie

2 comments:

Desert Cat said...

Yer makin' me wistful here...

I was a *massive* John Denver fan back in the day. I had a guitar and learned how to play while playing his songs.

Yeah I know he had his failings, but dang, it's a shame I can never look forward to seeing him in concert ever again...

Omnibabe said...

Yeah. I was a Rocky Mountain High dweeb myself, and got to see JD in concert twice. Yep. He was also the inspiration for learning to play the guitar, and the few songs I can still remember how to pick out are straight out of his songbook. Sigh.