Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

You know how my train just missed hitting some idiot woman who just had to run in front of it to make it to work on time last week?

Yeah, well this morning her sister in stupidity wasn't so lucky, and it made everyone's train thereafter late.

Compounding my aggravation? Stupid people, and lots of them, at my own train station crossed the tracks after the gates were down, knowing that the same behavior had just gotten someone else killed not even an hour before, jockeying for position to be the first on the first train that came our direction.

Since the first train was about an hour late, it was, of course, packed, so not everyone could board. The whole herd of lemmings crossed back and forth across the tracks trying to figure out if the next train would be on the local or the express tracks.

Nothing makes me want to whip off a shoe and apply it upside someone's head like this kind of colossal idiocy.

That stupid woman probably left a mother, a father, a sister, a brother, a lover, a husband, some kids and who knows how many friends... with broken hearts. She certainly took ten years off the life of the engineer who was driving the train and couldn't warp the laws of physics to allow him to stop the train in time. I'm sure it also did nothing good for the clean-up crew who had to scrape her bits and parts and scrub her blood from the tracks. Anyone and everyone who saw what happened will certainly be traumatized for a long time by her last rash act.

That one hour later I could see so many more of her kindred spirits waiting to join her in oblivion stood on my one last nerve when it comes to this.

As far as I'm concerned, Metra should just keep the trains running and let nature take care of the grease spots on the tracks. These folks clearly don't value their own lives. Why should I?
_____

(And, yes -- I'm pissed beyond belief about this at the moment. I'll calm down later. But not by much.)
Leslie

No comments: