Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

If you think the last presidential campaign was interesting, it's got nothing on current Illinois politics. It's all Blago, Burris and Daley, all the time. Argh.

The Sun Times proves I'm prescient. And it's snowing again.

Blago's machinations are causing headaches and heartaches for medical providers.

Nobody wants Burris, but it looks like we may have him shoved down our throats for the next two years. He's certainly not going to back down. He hasn't in the past. And why does he want this so badly? As my sister says, he's got room for one more title on his tomb. Great.

At this point, I'd rather the Senate confirm him. That is not to say I'm happy with him. He's shown incredibly poor judgment in his acceptance of Blago's offer.

However, this state needs its legislators to get back to work, and FAST. The Burris sideshow is pulling far to much focus off the important issues in Springfield.

I can stamp my little foot and shake my little fist at the injustice all I want, but the fact of the matter is, as long as this goes on, the state falls farther and farther behind in its obligation to its residents.

Enough, already.

It's highly unlikely that Burris will be reelected in two years. And he's the Dems' headache now. I don't think he can do a lot of damage in D.C. all by his lonesome.

I don't like it, but I can deal with it.
Leslie

1 comment:

The Meezers or Billy said...

I agree Leslie - I think that Burris has shown poor judgement in how he has handled himself during this time. He should not have accepted the appointment and he should keep his face out of the spotlight if he wants to be taken as something other than a media (insert bad word here).