Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

Remember my little run-in with DHeLl? Well, the package was finally delivered today, one month and 25 days after it was picked up.

Here's my note to them today:
I received your invoice dated January 25, 2008 for Waybill No. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX with amazement, as the package, which I dropped in the DHL box at 1 North Wacker Drive, UBS Tower, Chicago, on December 24, 2007, had not yet been delivered, nor could it be tracked on your tracking system, as of the date of your invoice.

I have enclosed backups of my email correspondence with DHL, as well as correspondence with the intended recipient of the package.

In addition, I have had three separate telephone conversations with DHL’s customer service department during the month of January 2008, one of which lasted over an hour. All acknowledged that I had entered the package into your online shipping form. Not one person could find any indication that the package had ever been picked up.

Imagine my surprise then, that I should be billed for a package that was apparently lost in your system.

Imagine my even bigger surprise when I received notice this morning (see email and blog post attached) from the recipient, saying that the package had finally been delivered one month and 25 days after I had initially dropped the package off. I could have walked the package there faster.

I trust that this charge will be completely removed from our billing statement. If you have any questions, please call me at 312-XXX-XXXX.
Think hard before you use DHL, folks. And stay tuned to see if they drop the shipping charges for this package.
Leslie

No comments: