Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

If yesterday's bacon recipe was just to wrong for words, The Bacon Show gets it right today. Quick, easy, yummy!
_____

Future Darwin Award winners here and here.
The thief, who also left a lit blow torch at the scene, is expected to be badly charred, spiky haired and not exactly the brightest bulb in the socket.
Try not to giggle.
_____

If you're anywhere but the Midwest right now, consider yourself lucky.

The only good thing I can say about the weather lately is that we had sunshine all day today. Huzzah!
_____

Know any returned or returning Gulf War vets looking for work in the Chicago area? If so, send 'em here:
Vets, get hired

Talk about coincidences. I was writing up Dutch's story when I got a call from Sam Raines, the vet for whom I found a job last year.

"I'm still working at Weatherguard Construction," he said. "I want to say thanks, and, we had such great success, we were wondering if we could get some more guys."

Marshall Boyle, senior field supervisor, praised the former Marine.

"He's been a real blessing,'' he said. "All I'm focused on right now is finding people, placing them in jobs and getting them trained."

I said I'd print his phone number.

"I will return all calls and hopefully we can help more vets," Boyle promised.

So now the ball is in your court. Weatherguard is the biggest restoration contractor in Northern Illinois and accredited by the Better Business Bureau. They're hiring company representatives -- basically people who find and work with customers who are having new roofs and siding installed.

"No experience is required," Boyle said. "They just have to come to work and put time in and follow their training and they'll do fine."

You can call Boyle at (630) 688-2778.

That's real class.
Leslie

No comments: