Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Yum!!!
_____

I found this test via Matt G:

66 words

Speedtest



If I practiced a bit more, I bet I could up that score by quite a lot.
_____

I know I've been bellyaching about the weather, but it's not just me:
This winter has been especially bad. It's not just your imagination. According to an array of weather statistics compiled by Illinois state climatologist Jim Angel, it's the third-worst winter in a decade. And weird, besides.
And we're in for more lovely weather tonight and tomorrow:
Just as warmer temperatures began melting the snow and ice, a new storm is expected to hit the Chicago area Monday that could blanket the regional with an additional 6 to 8 inches of snow by Tuesday afternoon.
Oh, joy.
_____




Your Dominant Intelligence is Interpersonal Intelligence



You shine in your ability to relate to and understand others.

Good at seeing others' points of view, you get how people think and feel.

You have an uncanny ability to sense true feelings, intentions, and motivations.

A natural born leader, you are great at teaching and mediating conflict.

You would make a good counselor, salesperson, politician, or business person.




(A tip of the cap to sourpuss.)
_____




You Are: 30% Dog, 70% Cat



You and cats have a lot in common.

You're both smart and in charge - with a good amount of attitude.

However, you do have a very playful side that occasionally comes out!



Damn straight, Skippy!
_____

I agree with everything but cutting the "In Memorium" segment. (Speaking of which, where was Brad Renfro in there?) There's no reason for all that other lousy filler.
_____
Nearly half of Chicago public school 9th graders who started high school in the last seven years have dropped out without earning a high school diploma, according to a study to be released Monday.
For this I blame the notion that every child should be put on a college track. Vocational training can and should be offered at the high school level. Seems to me we had much higher graduation rates when this kind of classes were offered back in my high school days. (The Dark Ages, I know.)

A failure rate of this magnitude is simply unacceptable.
_____

The Confabulator is having a contest of sorts:

I have an Acer laptop that is just a little over 18 months old and I just haven’t use it that much, as I was limited in what I could do with editing my home videos using MovieMaker, it just didn’t satisfy my wants. So I have moved over to using a MackBook and am divorcing all my Windows pcs.

I thought about selling it and getting some of money back and the I said what the heck I will just give it to some one who really needs a computer. This decision to give it to a total stranger after considering the various options such as to a senior citizen, a military program, schools etc., I thought that it would be put to a better use in someones home, who just could not swing the money to but a laptop.

Of course with any as the saying goes “There ain’t no free lunch“, so there are some requirements to be the recipient of this laptop.

Get cracking!
_____

Best Oscar dress? Anne Hathaway, hands down.
_____

Quick! Hold her down while I go grab my make-up kit and curling iron!
_____

Origami gone wrong.
Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool test. Once I figure out how to work it I got 74 words per minute, which is a bit slower than the best time I clocked in high school.

I blame the scotch.

Northwoods Woman said...

I got 66 too. I don't think that test is accurate