Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

My daily greeter knows I have walnuts in my pocket with his name on them!
_____

Quote of the Day:
"They are very stealthy, those grapes," Solmor said. "They are small, they are round and they roll. ... They don't make a sound when they hit the floor."
*Snerk*
_____

In an effort to eat a little healthier, I bought a bag of Mariani Premium Mixed Fruit... and it's so delicious I went to their website and ordered this, this and this, too! The mixed fruit is really moist and chewy and wonderful -- especially the plums. (And since I usually loathe prunes, that I can type that without making an awful face is nothing short of a miracle.) I can't wait to try the rest.
_____

My great grandmother always insisted you had to eat a peck of dirt before you die. Apparently she was onto something:
A little dirt may be good for the heart.

Analyzing data collected from thousands of children over two decades in the Philippines, researchers have concluded that a healthy dose of germs and pathogens during infancy reduced cardiovascular inflammation in adulthood — a precursor to heart attacks and strokes.

"It raises the intriguing possibility that higher levels of exposure to infectious microbes early in life may, in some way, protect you against cardiovascular disease," said Thom McDade, 41, an associate professor of anthropology at Northwestern University who co-authored the study.
Go read the whole thing. And back away from the hand sanitizer...
_____

Oooh!



It's coming!
_____

Giggle of the Day (inspired by my itty bitty buddy):

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
_____

Ear Worm of the Day:

Leslie

2 comments:

El Capitan said...

The mixed dried fruit used to be a regular breakfast item, and the dried pineapple made a great snack. The sugar content was just too high for LOLA, though. I've switched to jarred mixed fruit with Splenda instead of sugar.

The Meezers or Billy said...

sqirl scout cookies! I wants some! - Miles