Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

If you've missed all the hoopla and haven't gone here to vote for Mary and Densey Cole to win the wedding of their dreams, here's a little more incentive. It costs nothing but a moment of your time and a couple of clicks of the mouse.
_____

Double Deputy:

First of all, this headline created a clear and hilarious Road Runner/Wiley Coyote-esque picture in my mind:


I don't know about you, but it gave me a chuckle.

But this story really kicked over the gigglebox:
A Kentucky sheriff says a claustrophobic deputy has lost his job after accidentally locking himself in a jail cell and trying to shoot his way out of it.
And, no -- his name isn't Barney Fife... but it should be.


_____

Department store gift-wrapping may be going the way of the dinosaur? That's a shame. As I kid, I loved visiting the gift wrapping department, and learned a lot from those women who turned out gifts so marvelously beautiful that it was almost a shame to have to unwrap them. Trips to Halle's department store in the Cleveland area were my favorites, as their designers were especially creative.

Sometimes change is not a good thing.
_____

Oooh! Looks like HBO is definitely picking up "Game of Thrones"!!!!! Winter is coming. I can hardly wait! I'm especially excited to see that they've cast Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister. Fabulous!

Now if I could only kick ol' George in the pants to get him to finish A Dance With Dragons...

(And yes, that's a lot of exclamation points, but I'm a big ol' geek when it comes to this phenomenal fantasy series.)
_____

I'm a Zeta Tau Alpha, too. You go, my sisters!
_____

Need a little story to cheer you? Go here.
_____

Quote of the Day:


_____

Ear Worm of the Day:



(Back story here. How utterly cool!)
Leslie

No comments: