Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

Holy shit! They're finally naming names. That's a positive step for the Chicago Archdiocese for once.

Look -- I don't care if Cardinal George is sorry. I really don't. I don't care if it hurts him to say he is sorry. What I don't hear is him doing is apologizing directly to those children and their families who were affected by his inaction and lack of attention. That's the apology I want to hear.

What I do want to hear what kind of steps they are going to put into place to make sure that alleged abusers of any ilk are dealt with. They're still not giving us that information.

I don't ever want to see these words in print again:
Archdiocesan officials failed to follow their own protocols for reporting allegations of abuse against McCormack -- internally and to civil authorities -- and appear to have violated Illinois law that mandates reporting of such allegations to police and DCFS.
When the leading arbiters of morality willingly violate the laws of both church AND state, that is simply inexcusable.
_____
Leslie

No comments: