Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

Thank God my dad isn't around to read this:
Can some of this be chalked up to simple naïveté and brio, hallmarks of every generation in its youth? Sure. But experts believe that this won't wash away with age. "It's not a case of when they grow up, they'll see the world differently," says Joseph Gibbons, research director at the FutureWork Institute. "These values don't change over time." So if companies want to attract, retain, manage, and motivate the next generation of workers, they're going to have to adapt.
My dad certainly wouldn't have needed a therapist after some of the meetings described in the article. The parents and the employee, on the other hand, might well have.

(A tip of the cap to Chicago Boyz' David Foster.)
_____

Dear God, is there no one in Hollywood with any imagination any more? I predict two more big fat flopparoonies to go straight to video...
_____

I'd happily undergo a sinusectomy right now. I ping-pong from feeling like my sinuses are packed with Quickset concrete to feeling as if they've been treated with Draino Professional Strength Foamer. How is is possible for the human body to produce this much snot?

I'm also sick of coughing so hard that my ribs hurt.

Will somebody please drag me off to the back 40 and just shoot me now?
_____

Google word of the day:
dudgeon: a state or fit of intense indignation.
It just seemed appropriate somehow.
_____

Okay, I just don't understand this. Metra trains are big, big vehicles, and it's impossible to stop them quickly. If you're late, you're late. You're alive, at least.

Sheesh.

Update: There was another one this morning. That's two in 24 hours. How stupid is that?
_____

There ought to be a hell of a lot more than just reprimands being handed out here. But I really didn't expect any more than this, did you?
_____
Leslie

No comments: