Leslie's Omnibus

Stuck in the Middle (Ear)

Back in the '70s I was in a high school theater production that involved interpretations of a number of children's books. "May I Bring a Friend?" was done as a spoken chorus with high and low voices, boys and girls voices and a triangle.

Today I have had a running chorus of:
The King and Queen invited me
To come to their house on Monday (Ding!)
For Tea.

I told the Queen
And the Queen told the King
I had a friend
I wanted to bring.

The King told the Queen,
"My dear, my dear...
Any friend of our friend
Is (Ding!) welllllllllllllcome here.

So
I brought
My friend.
Why, after more than 30 years, has this popped up amidst the flotsam and jetsam of my psyche?
Leslie

1 comment:

Nancy said...

hummmm you're planning a trip and want to travel with a friend? or to see a friend?