Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Giggle of the Day:
A punk rock nine course tasting menu would be a case of Old Style missing three cans that were thrown at the band.
Priceless!
_____

Looking to adopt a really special pet? Why not consider a retired Military Working Dog?
_____

Hero of the Day: Elizabeth Smart
"I know exactly what you did. I know you know what you did was wrong. You you did it with full knowledge," Smart said, looking directly at Mitchell, 57, and speaking forcefully during brief remarks in federal court in Salt Lake City.

"I also want you to know that I have a wonderful life now, that no matter what you do you will never affect me again," Smart told Mitchell. "You took away nine months of my life that can never be replaced. "In this life or the next, you will be held responsible for your actions and I hope you're ready for that when the time comes."
(Emphasis mine.)
Young lady, I take my hat off to you and your incredible inner strength.
_____

Ear Worm of the Day:



I'm going to have to get their album. Fabulous stuff.
_____

Oh, puh-leeze:
But consider this: It's not that Obama can't speak clearly. It's that he employs the intellectual stammer. Not to be confused with a stutter, which the president decidedly does not have, the intellectual stammer signals a brain that is moving so fast that the mouth can't keep up. The stammer is commonly found among university professors, characters in Woody Allen movies and public thinkers of the sort that might appear on C-SPAN but not CNN.
And it may just be that if he hasn't thought it out beforehand, he's not quick enough on his feet to formulate an answer readily.
_____

Reading and doing crossword puzzles can block your ability to hear? Hah! The Princess Mom, were she still alive, would be assuring my readers that in my case, reading blocks not only the ability to hear, but also to smell.

Back in my youth I once read my way through a chicken burning so badly that it welded itself to the pan, which had to be tossed. I was so wrapped up in my book that I didn't see or smell the smoke that had filled the entire first level of the house. (So it's no wonder that i can read in the middle of a very busy and noisy sports bar and not be distracted.)

I can now validly claim limited brain capacity...
_____

Head-Scratcher of the Day:

Leslie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah! Obama seems to have a hard time without the prompter!

Love,
Barrie