Leslie's Omnibus

Book Your Ticket


June – 18/89

The Last of the Donkey Pilgrims: A Man’s Journey Through Ireland, Kevin O’Hara

Return to Sullivan’s Island, Dorothea Benton Franks

Tale of the Tigers, Juliette Akinyi Ochieng[1]

Beatrice & Virgil: A Novel, Yann Martel[2]*

Once Upon a Mattress, Vicki Lewis Thompson*

Orchard Valley Grooms, Debbie Macomber*

Honeysuckle Summer, Sherryl Woods*

The Imperfectionists: A Novel, Tom Rachman[3]*

Evidence: An Alex Delaware Novel, Jonathan Kellerman*

When Night Falls, Margaret Daley[4]*

Soul Intent, Dennis Batchelder*

61 Hours (Jack Reacher, No. 14), Lee Child*

Dubliners, James Joyce[5]*

Flamingo Diner, Sherryl Woods*

The Dogs Who Found Me: What I’ve Learned from the Pets Who Were Left Behind, Ken Foster*

Moby Dick, or, The Whale, Herman Melville[6]*

Destiny Unbound, Sherryl Woods*

The Treasure of the Superstition Mountains, Gary Jennings[7]



[1] I read books by bloggers I love, and I have yet to be disappointed… and you’ve got to love a woman who names herself “Baldilocks.” I do, however, consider this more young adult reading than it’s billed. Also, if you’re reading it voluntarily, you’re probably not the audience she’s really trying to reach -- you already get it. The book is clearly well meant and contains personal insight and experience, but is a bit heavy-handed in delivering the messages.

[2] The book is wonderful, but it is not an easy read. I had to switch to much lighter reading for my next couple of books. Still, I highly recommend this one.

[3] A thoroughly depressing read. Good… but depressing.

[4] Novella.

[5] What a miserable slog! I want bonus points, and lots of them, for finishing. If I’d have read it before I went to Ireland, I’d never have gone at all.

[6] Yes, I am being perversely hard on myself this month.

[7] Should be required reading for anyone who grew up on myths about the Lost Dutchman Mine!

*Read on Kindle

Leslie

No comments: