Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

JihadGene says, "It's Friday! Let's Dance!"

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I'm feeling the disco thing...


_____

I love a good turn of phrase, which is why leeann slays me:
Age and no internal censor will beat youth and blubber every time.
Yep.
_____

And then there's Donald, who I fall in love with more and more each day for his pithy take on today's youth. Go here for the board game edition of his blog.
_____

Speaking of an elegant turn of phrase, I've finished "A Trip of Goats." The title itself is a full twisting triple entendre, and the rest of the prose is full-bore Velocilicious.

His writing style is a Southern slam dance of Samuel Clemens and Pat Conroy with a soupcon of Faulkner thrown in for a driving back-beat.

Go buy the damn book. You'll thank me.
Leslie

2 comments:

JihadGene said...

You took me back to 1981 with Blondie! Thanks.

LeeAnn said...

And thank you for the nifty compliment!