Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Mostly Cajun, he makes me laugh, him:

Effects of alcohol on vocabulary

Results of a recent study:

THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
1. Innovative
2. Preliminary
3. Proliferation
4. Cinnamon

THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
1. Specificity
2. Anti-constitutionalistically
3. Passive-aggressive disorder
4. Transubstantiate

THINGS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
1. No thanks, I’m married.
2. Nope, no more booze for me!
3. Sorry, but you’re not really my type.
4. Kebab? No thanks, I’m not hungry.
5. Good evening, officer. Isn’t it lovely out tonight?
6. Oh, I couldn’t! No one wants to hear me sing karaoke.
7. I’m not interested in fighting you.
8. Thank you, but I won’t make any attempt to dance, I have no coordination. I’d hate to look like a fool!
9. Where is the nearest bathroom? I refuse to pee in this parking lot or on the side of the road.
10. I must be going home now, as I have to work in the morning. [I swear the man knows me, although we've never met.]
_____

Quote of the Day:
That is ten pounds of screwed up in a five pound bag.
Haaaaaaaaahahahaha!
_____

Think Cute Overload is the bomb? Then try this. I'm smitten, I'll tell you.
_____

Speaking of smitten, I think I might just have a spot in my bedroom for this chair. There's a showroom here in Chicago, so I'll head over on my lunch hour soon. If it's comfy, it's mine.
_____

I've been craving milk, sour cream, cheese and ice cream like crazy lately. After lunch today, I grabbed a Klondike Choco Taco for a treat. Never again! That thing was five kinds of vile -- soggy "cone", freezer-burned, stale peanuts, plastic chocolate and almost no ice cream, which was why I wanted the damned thing in the first place.

Yuck.

Just yuck.
_____

Loss of civil liberties in Britain? Man! That's hitting awfully close to home.
_____

Two Giggles of the Day:

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

... and...

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more puppies
_____

More cuteness, because I just love everything about this:

Bulldog Kisses Orangutan


(Thanks, Julie!)
Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Les, that chair looks great - except for the price!! Any chance you can get it on eBay?

Barrie

Northwoods Woman said...

Awww I want that dog and monkey!