Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

This has me absolutely drooling. That's going straight into my recipe box!
_____

More Mattel recalls information can be found here.

And here's information on the FDA and problems with foodstuffs imported from China. For example:
Eighty percent of U.S. seafood is imported, and China has been a major supplier. In June the FDA issued an import alert for some Chinese seafood. Since January, the FDA has rejected more than 200 Chinese seafood import items, including shrimp, eel, catfish and tilapia, according to agency records. The reasons cited in the rejection notices include the presence of antibiotics, salmonella and pesticides.
Yummy.

I love my nieces, but there'll be no more Mattel toys purchased for them until Mattel either quits outsourcing its manufacturing to China or gets control of its outsourced manufacturers. In addition, I'll certainly be careful to find out where the fish I order is coming from. Nothing imported, that's for sure!

(And it's nice to see that I'm not the only one openly boycotting Chinese products!)
Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to buy American made, but it is getting very hard to find items that are made in the USA. These big ass companies have sold us out.

Gigolo Kitty said...

The Gigolo sends many smoochies to the Divine Miss Marilyn. He has been a bad boy to neglect her so!