Leslie's Omnibus

Tootin' the Horn

There's a 6 odd things about me meme that's been running around the blogosphere lately. I've never done one before, but I have good reason to now:

1. I am a birth mother. Until right now, only a handful of trusted friends and family had any idea.

2. My mom got a call from this place today.

3. They've left me a phone number, and apparently it's good news.

4. They left it on my cell phone... which, of course, like a doofus, I left at home today.

5. I am terrified.

6. I am elated.
_____
Leslie

6 comments:

Walrilla said...

Oh, Leslie, I wish all the best for you, in whichever decision you make. My Mother-in-law found her birth family a few months after her birth mother died, unfortunately, but she and her half-sister are now the best of friends.

The Meezers or Billy said...

Oh Leslie, how exciting! I am an adopted child, so I can relate to what you are going through. I wish you all the best of luck!!! - Meezer Mom Mary

Northwoods Woman said...

I was gonna start out with Oh Leslie too!
Any child would be very lucky to know you as their mother! Now you just might get the chance to tell the child you gave them something you couldn't at the time. I have no doubt it will be a joyous occasion for all involved just because I know how wonderful you are!
Congrats hun!

Nancy said...

You are a brave lady. You are an admirable lady. I wish nothing but happiness for the both of you.

Tammi said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Very nerve wracking time.....

Unknown said...

Wow! Goosebumps all around...I'm so excited for you.
HUGS...