Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Eerily accurate:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Northeast

Philadelphia

The Midland

The South

Boston

The West

North Central

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


(A tip of the cap to Barry Campbell.)
_____

Ah! So this is why my friend Barrie wants to become a librarian. That explains everything.
_____

Quote of the Day:
Leadership in large public institutions requires a skill set different from the private sector,” Gates told me. “A&M and the CIA have this in common. Professionals in the organization got there before you were there and will be there after you leave. For changes to last, the professionals have to assimilate the changes and make them their own. My time here is finite. I want to build something that will long outlast me.
For all my liberal friends who are afraid Mr. Gates is cut from too conservative a cloth, go read the whole article. This guy sounds like him might just be what the doctor ordered in D.C.

(A tip of the cap to Virginia Postrel.)
_____

While some of the patronage-as-usual Illinois Dems elected didn't make me one bit happy, this article certainly does give me some hope that we're veering wildly toward the center -- and not so far off to the left.
_____
Leslie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course it's called 'pop', what else would it be called??? heh heh heh

Anonymous said...

Uh... I'm off to the library...