Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Desert Cat clearly gets Velociman... as this hilarious personal ad demonstrates. (And I thought I had a talent for writing those...)
_____

If I'd have known Chicago had its own BaconFest, I'd have been there in a heartbeat. I've subscribed to the site, and I'll be there with fork in left hand, knife in right hand and bib around neck next year.

I want to be a judge for the Golden Rasher Awards when I grow up. They wouldn't even have to pay me. Hell... I'd pay them for the privilege.
_____

And since I've now got bacon on the brain... "It's Friday! Let's Dance!" (C'mon, Great Reader! Join in!)



Other Friday dancing fools?

Billy Sweetfeets Gingersnap Norton is doing a little Tip-Toe Through the Tulips.

My Barstool Blog Son is letting Wet Willie put him in a Weekend state of mind.

Elisson has fired up the Little White Choon Box to go dancing with himself.

How about you?

Update: It pays to have friends in cultural places! I got tickets from one of the stage crew at the Chicago Civic Opera House to see Swan Lake by the American Ballet Theatre tonight:


Now that's dancing!

(Thanks a million, Junior!)

More Updates!

Fausta gives you literal and musical Great Balls of Fire.

Kerrcarto is jammin'.

Paul is exerting a little Industrial Discipline.
_____

Oooo! Ramen! That's it. I have to move back into the city.
_____

Spoon tender pot roast? (*whimpers "Mommy!"*)
_____

I just love to make my BlogDaddy faint in shock. I agree completely with this. And I agree completely with this. And Miss Manners rules here.

Now somebody hand him the smelling salts...
_____

If you're from the Dallas area (or even if you're not) and you're into social media of any kind, this convention looks like it could be pretty darned cool.
_____

Giggle of the Day:

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
_____

Just so you know...




You Are 69% Tortured Genius



You are smart. Brilliant in fact. And while it's a blessing, it's also a curse.

Your head is filled with everything - grand ideas, insufferable worries, and a good deal of angst.


Leslie

3 comments:

amarkonmywall said...

This post deserves one more good laugh: http://www.regretsy.com/2010/04/15/spongebob-jewpants/

love you!

Rave said...

The ABT!!!!!!! Love it. A friend of mine's daughter is a dancer for them...her name is Misty Copeland.
Although, she is not performing in Swan Lake that I know of!

LibertyChick said...

I love ABT!! Okay, I love any sort of culture - which we don't have here in AZ.

Barrie