Leslie's Omnibus

World Tour

Sudan. Wow.
The first civil war ended in 1972 but broke out again in 1983. The second war and famine-related effects resulted in more than four million people displaced and, according to rebel estimates, more than two million deaths over a period of two decades.
If these statistics don't break your heart, you have no heart:
Median age:

total: 19.1 years
male: 18.9 years
female: 19.2 years (2009 est.)
More than 40% of the population is under the age of 15.

While I usually skim the CIA World Factbook, this entry I read start to finish. You should, too.

I don't kid myself -- a good many of the people who find my blog find it because they're looking for cat pictures or funny animal pictures. I hope that's why someone from Sudan came here. And I hope I made them laugh.

قد وجه الله تألق عليكم ، يا صديقي.

Leslie

No comments: