Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

When I was in high school, my church youth group once raised money by buying an old, beat-up clunker of an automobile and holding a car bash to raise money to fund retreats and other stuff.

I guess this must be the... ummm... grown-up version?
_____

Call me crazy, but why aren't guys like this getting life behind bars?

Not 25 years. Not 35 years. Not 45 years.

Life, without the possibility of parole.

And throw their behinds into the general prison population and let nature take its course.

Another candidate? This guy, who apparently thinks he's bulletproof. Who let him out on bail in the first place, damn it?
_____

Les Moonves
is an ass. I don't dislike Katie Couric because she's a woman. I've been clear in my disdain for her for years. I didn't watch the Today Show from 2003 through 2006. I celebrated like a crazy person when she finally left the Today Show.

Les? I heartily dislike her because she's become plastic over the years. Arrogant, too.

She's the world's worst interviewer, because she hogs the entire interview -- no one can get a word in edgewise when she's on a roll. She has repeated asked inappropriate and highly insensitive questions in her interviews... and then not shut the hell up long enough to give her interviewee time to adequately respond. Uck. And she preens in her chair while she's doing it. Gag. Me.

Les? There are those of us out here who don't care how you restructure that broadcast. As long as she is sitting in the anchor chair, I won't be watching. If she was a male anchor, instead, and the same type of bullying, preening boor, I wouldn't watch him, either.

Update: And it's not because I'm jealous, either. There are a lot of female broadcasters that I highly respect. It's just this particular specimen I despise.
_____

Speaking of bullying, preening boors... Phil Rosenthal rips him a new one, so I don't have to.

Beautiful.
_____

Well if India has the good sense to hold China's feet to the fire, why can't we?
Leslie

No comments: