Leslie's Omnibus

The Mom Update

Sheesh. It seems like the world tilts in a new direction every day lately. Yesterday she sounded like pure birdie num-nums. Today she gets the news that she's going home tomorrow. (Don't like the latest sound-bite from the doctors? Wait a day and it'll change. Believe me, it'll make your head spin.)

Fortunately a good friend of hers told her that she also had a run-in with pneumonia not too long ago, and didn't follow instructions and get enough rest. Sure enough, the repercussions were not good. I think She-of-the-Selective-Listening has gotten the message loud and clear. (I hope.) If not, I've threatened to go down and sit on her for a few days.

I know it sounds kind of corny, but I really am grateful for all the prayers that have come our way. I hope you know that if you ever need them, I'll send them out for you, too.
_____

In the meantime, Rob's mama is going downhill fast. It wasn't that long ago that we went through this with my dad. That horrible, dreadful feeling of knowing what's coming and being totally helpless to do anything about it cuts like a knife. Say a prayer for Rob's family, too, please.
_____
Leslie

No comments: