Leslie's Omnibus

The End of the Line

Man, the news has been awful this week. For this gal and the Chai-rista (and anyone else that needs to hear them), I offer up these words:

EPITAPH

When I die if you need to weep
Cry for your brother or sister
Walking the street beside you
And when you need me put your arms around anyone
And give them what you need to give me.

I want to leave you something
Something better than words or sounds.

Look for me in the people I've known or loved
And if you cannot give me away
At least let me live in your eyes and not on your mind.

You can love me most by letting hands touch hands
By letting bodies touch bodies
And by letting go of children that need to be free.

Love doesn't die, people do
So when all that's left of me is love
Give me away.

~Merritt Malloy

(A tip of the cap to Suzanne.)
_____
Leslie

1 comment:

keithurbanchic said...

Thank you for these words Leslie! They are so true. I wish I knew you in person - you've given me such comfort. Thanks again.
--Liz