Leslie's Omnibus

Book Your Ticket

Since I've been parked out in marriage-and-baby-ville with my brother and SIL, I've been moseying back through a bunch of my mom's Readers' Digest Condensed books. Books that I used to swipe and burn through before my mom ever got a chance to crack a cover.

Right now I've got Volume 3, 1969 in my bag. I've already revisited Snatch, and am currently reading A Place in the Woods. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed these books the first time around... and just what incredibly quick reads they are!

Books bring back lots of memories for me. I wish I had the set of books that were housed with our Encyclopedia Britanica for years -- "The Children's Classics". This is probably as close to the set we had as I've seen... but it has some books we didn't have, and lacks some books we did.

Missing? The Arabian Nights. Aesop's Fables. Black Beauty.

Did anyone else have these books with beautiful shiny oxblood leather bindings with a gold imprint of a boy's and girl's head in silhouette, along with the title of each volume? I'd sure love to find a set for TMBCITW and TMPAE, one of whom already loves bedtime stories.
_____
Leslie

No comments: