GROUND ZERO MEMORIAL RALLY
Monday, February 27 at noon (Church and Liberty St. WTC site)
In just a few weeks, LMDC will break ground on a memorial and museum that will put the safety of future visitors in peril and will fail to honor the 9/11 dead.
We urge you to stand with us to support the emergency personnel unions as their leaders publicly address the safety and security concerns LMDC has created through their mismanagement and lack of transparency.
If we are to rescue the memorial, we need your help!
The current plan is to start building the memorial in March so we must make our voices heard now or America will be stuck with a bargain basement memorial that fails to provide for the safety of its visitors.
WHEN: Monday, February 27, 2006 at NOON
WHERE: Corners of Church and Liberty Streets at the World Trade Center site
WHO: Advocates for 9/11 Fallen Heroes Memorial* Union and 9/11 family leadership and supporters will also be in attendance
PURPOSE: To publicly protest the memorial as it is currently proposed.
Union leaders, safety experts and 9/11 community leaders will publicly address the numerous safety and security problems LMDC is creating through its misguided plans and mismanagement. Speakers will also address how LMDC still refuses to list the names of those killed in the way their families and most Americans desire. The vast majority of families have formally requested their loved ones be listed by their individual affiliations. LMDC has ignored this request since 2004.
We encourage you to bring photos of your loved ones and to bring signs. To ensure our message is uniform please choose from the slogans noted below:
- LMDC Values Political Expediency Over Safety of Visitors
- Rescue the 9/11 Memorial from the LMDC
- LMDC process is Opposite of Transparent
- LMDC Makes Bad Decisions BEHIND CLOSED DOORS
- Time Stamp is a Red Herring
- Don't skimp on Safety and Security for the 9/11 Memorial
- Less Ramps - Less Access for the Public
- LMDC Changes to Memorial Must NOT go forward
- Don't build the Memorial on the Cheap
- The Heroes of 9/11 deserve a Magnificent Memorial
- Why only two ramps - put back the original four - Safety before Cost
- Raise the 9/11 Museum above Ground
- LMDC: Learn from 9/11 and Past Mistakes