Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

I went to dinner one night with a bunch of my mom's friends from her country club while I was down in Florida. I have just one question. If they were all horrified by the bridal party sporting bald heads, multiple piercings and tattoos... and I found that nothing out of the ordinary... what crazy things are young people going to have to do to fascinate and horrify me when I attain senior citizenship?
_____

One of the idiosyncrasies of senior citizenship in Florida seems to be the willingness to blurt out the first thought or observation that pops into their heads. And usually not quietly. Want to know what your parents/grandparents are thinking? Go to the early bird special at any restaurant in the great state of Florida... and keep your ears open... if they aren't burning already. There is no such thing as self-editing down there. It's one lifelong episode of Politcally Incorrect.
_____
Leslie

No comments: