Leslie's Omnibus

The Mom Update

The Princess Mom got sprung from the hospital around noon on Saturday.

Loads of fluids and IV antibiotics finally zapped the nasty bladder infection that had knocked her flat, thank goodness.

She's also now on insulin, as her diabetes was so rampantly out of control. She's not to happy about that, but the alternatives are even less appealing.

She's got neuropathy problems with both feet, which makes her less than steady. (I held her hand more over the weekend than I have since I was about eight years old, only now I'm the one guiding her along safely.)

The memory issues are improving... and they did make for some amusing conversations while I was visiting her in the hospital. Little things like referring to Imodium PM when she meant Excedrin PM gave me fits of the giggles. The docs have requested that we make sure to keep her mind active, so we did a lot of crossword puzzles to pass the time. I'm also thinking about picking up a jigsaw puzzle or two for her, just to mix things up a little bit.

Her hair is coming out by the handful at this point. She's due for a buzz cut and wig fitting tomorrow. I'm strongly considering getting her a Harley Davidson skull cap or a do-rag just for shits and grins. (Oooh, looky! There are more cool ones here.) She is into fashion statements, after all.

All in all, she just keeps on chugging along. She's a like a punching clown -- impossible to keep down.

On a happier note, we did get to go out to the boonies to see MMPC's new home and have a cookout on Sunday. TPM and MMPC are thick as thieves, and that visit was better than any medicine for TPM. We also got to meet the Reverend Grampa (MMPC's maternal granddad), which was a big treat for me. I still can't get over how seemlessly our families have blended!
_____

Your prayers, as always, lift us up and help tremendously. I can't thank you enough.
Leslie

4 comments:

Northwoods Woman said...

Oh that's good news! I'll keep praying for you all! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry to learn of your mom's illness. My heart goes out to you and her. ((hugs))

Unknown said...

Good to hear things are looking up a bit. And again, thank you for the update.

Oh, and thanks for the birthday wishes....

Desert Cat said...

Fantastic news!